If you have ever tried Starbucks’s Green Tea Frappe then you’re probably just as hooked as I am! Even though the frappe’s are extremely good and completely addicting.. They’re expensive. I don’t have 6 bucks to dish out several times a week on a frappe that takes me 30 minutes max to drink. So it lead me to researching how to make my own green tea frappe at home..
- 1 tsp. of green tea matcha (I got the U-Matcha brand from a whole food store. It is $17, but makes 20 cups, which is equivalent to $120 worth of starbucks)
- 1 cup of milk. (Any milk works but soymilk tastes the best in my opinion, and it is what starbucks uses)
- 1 cup of ice
- 1/3 oz of Torani’s vanilla syrup. (found at walmart for $3 by the coffee)
- 2 tsp. of sugar (or 3 splenda packets)
Throw it all in a blender or magic bullet and BOOM-BA-DA-BING! Done! If you want to add some whip cream and/or chocolate drizzle on top it makes it all the better!
AND AN ADDED BONUS IS THAT GREEN TEA IS SUPER HEALTHY FOR YOU!
- Green tea helps reduce the risk of cancer. The antioxidant in green tea is 100 times more effective than vitamin C and 24 times better than vitamin E. This helps your body at protecting cells from damage believed to be linked to cancer.
- Green tea helps prevent heart disease and stroke by lowering levels of cholesterol.
- Green tea helps with your body weight loss. Green tea burns fat and boosts your metabolism rate naturally. It can help you burn up to 70 calories in just one day.
- The very key to this is high fluoride content found in green tea. It helps keep your bones strong. If you drink green tea every day, this will help you preserve your bone density. (My personal favorite)
- L-the theanine, which is a kind of amino acids in green tea, can help relieve stress and anxiety.
To find more benefits of green tea check out: http://www.thirdage.com/cholesterol/25-benefits-to-drinking-green-tea?page=3
And as always, good vibes my lovelies.